Sunday, February 12, 2012

If You're Thinking About Me

If you're thinking about me:

Like banks think about being robbed
like mosquitoes think about blood
like wishing wells think about pennies
like kids stealing those pennies
like parents think about their twenties
like dumbo thinks about flying

If you're thinking about me like:

Monsters think about closets
like parachutes think about working
like dumb kids smirking
like sunblock thinks about fighting
like toilets think about being cleaned
like umbrellas think about rain
and rain makes me think about you....

But if you're thinking about me like:

Vacuums think about sucking
like dark thinks about light
like flowers think about blooming
like rings think about bells
like bells think about ringing
like apples think about trees
and trees think about leaves

If you're thinking about me

then why are you wasting your time writing this poem

instead of talking to me?

But if this is your way of communicating,

Then I'm thinking about you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment